Improving the Academic Performance in Araling Panlipunan through Merit Badges Method
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2021 Akhmedova Zarnigor
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Purpose: This study aimed to assess the effectiveness of Merit Badges Method in teaching Araling Panlipunan.
Methodology: The method employed was quasi-experimental design where both the control and experimental group were given pre-test and post-test. The data gathered were subjected to statistical treatment using mean and t-test to test the significant difference between the pre-test and post-test results of the groups.
Findings: The result of the study proves that Merit Badges Method motivates the learners to become more involved, active and interested in learning. Learning still happen in the traditional way of teaching Araling Panlipunan but, much better performance among learners that were given intervention was recorded.
Limitation: The study is limited only on the effect of Merit Badges Method in teaching Araling Panlipunan. Only grade 10 students were selected to participate in the study.
Originality. This research provides insights of using motivation as strategy that will help teachers in teaching Araling Panlipunan.
- Abu, E. (2020a). Learning must continue in the new normal. Learning Must Continue in the New Normal. Published.
- Abu, E. (2020b). Learning must continue in the new normal. Learning Must Continue in the New Normal. Published.
- Agus, A. And Aziza N. (2020). The effects of ethical factors in financial statement examination: Ethical framework of the input process output (IPO) model in auditing system Basis. University of Bengkulu, Indonesia.
- Alkaabi, S., Alkaabi, W., Vyver G. (2017a). Researching student Motivation. Contemporary issues in education. Researching Student Motivation. Contemporary Issues In Education, 10(3).
- Alkaabi, S., Alkaabi, W., Vyver G., A. S. A. W. V. G. (2017b). researching student motivation. contemporary issues in education research third quarter 2017, volume 10, number 3. Researching Student Motivation. Contemporary Issues in Education Research Third Quarter 2017, Volume 10, Number 3., 10(3).
- Bear, G. (2020, March 19). Improving school climate practical strategies to reduce behavior problems and promote social and emotional learning. Routledge.
- Davion, J. (2017). The role of teachers in motivating students to learn .BU journal of graduate studies in education (Vol. 9). BU Journal of Graduate Studies in Education.
- The economic commission for latin america and the caribbean (ECLAC). (2020). Google. https://www.cepal.org/en/publications/45905-education-time-covid-19
- Education and the covid-19 pandemic. (2020, April 20). Google. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11125-020-09464-3
- Engagement as a Challenge: getting student’s attention in the new normal of learning. (2021). Google. https://www.km.adec-innovations.com/resources/engagement-as-a-challenge-getting-student%E2%80%99s-attention-in-the-new-normal-of-learning/
- Full time student, part time worker. (2020, December 9). Google. https://www.rappler.com/nation/full-time-students-part-time-workers-philippines
- Gillis, P. (2020). Lernovate. Google. https://www.learnovatecentre.org/motivating-students-and-teachers/
- Innovative teaching method in the new Normal. (2020, July 28). Innovative Teaching Method in the New Normal. Published.
- Mayol, P.A. (2020, October 5). The paradigm shift for teachers’ challenges in the new normal. The Paradigm Shift for Teachers’ Challenges in the New Normal. Published.
- Motivating students, Teach.com. (2020). Google. https://teach.com/what/teachers-change-lives/motivating-students/-
- Nagpal, S. (2020, October 19). Raising students motivation during the Pandemic. Raising Students Motivation During the Pandemic. Published.
- Ryan, R. M., Deci, E. L. (2020). Intrinsic and extrinsic motivation from a self-determination theory perspective: Definitions, theory, practices, and future directions. Contemporary Education Psychology.
- Students academic performance: The role of motivation, strategies and perceived factors hindering liberian junior and senior high school students Learning. (2017). Students Academic Performance: The Role of Motivation, Strategies and Perceived Factors Hindering Liberian Junior and Senior High School Students Learning. Published.
- Technology enhanced learning in higher education; motivation, engagement and academic achievement. (2019). Technology Enhanced Learning in Higher Education; Motivation, Engagement and Academic Achievement, 137, 104–113.
- Technology enhanced learning in higher education; motivation, engagement and academic achievement, computer and education. (2019, August). Technology Enhanced Learning in Higher Education; Motivation, Engagement and Academic Achievement, Computer and Education, 137.