Full Lenght Article
Investigating Semantic Analysis on Figurative Language to a Movie Script: A Literature Case
Conflict of Interest Statement
The author (s) declare that the research was conducted in the absence of any commercial or financial relationships that could be construed as a potential conflict of interest.
Copyright and permissions
Copyright (c) 2021 Nguyen Van Thao Nguyen Van Thao
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Poetry, and Drama (15th Ed.). New York: Pearson Longman.
2. Boggs, Joseph M & Petrie, Dennis W. (2008). The Art of watching films. NewYork: McGraw hill
3. Creswell, J.W. (2009). Research Design: Qualitative, Quantitative and Mixed Methods Approaches. California: SAGE publications
4. Dancygier, B., and Sweetser, E. (2014). Figurative Language. Cambridge: Cambridge
5. Eagleton, Terry. (2008). Literary Theory: An introduction. United States University of Minnesota Press.
6. Herman. (2016). Students’ Difficulties in Pronouncing the English Labiodental Sounds. Communication and Linguistics Studies. Vol. 2, No. 1, 2016, pp. 1-5. doi: 10.11648/j.cls.20160201.11. Retrieved from http://www.sciencepublishinggroup.com/journal/paperinfo?journalid=357&doi=10.11648/j.cls.20160201.11
7. Herman, Murni, S. M., Sibarani, B. and Saragih, A. (2019). Structures of Representational Metafunctions of the “Cheng Beng” Ceremony in Pematangsiantar: A Multimodal Analysis. International Journal of Innovation, Creativity and Change., Volume 8, Issue 4, 2019. Retrieved from https://www.ijicc.net/images/vol8iss4/8403_Herman_2019_E_R.pdf
8. Herman., Purba, R., Thao, N. V., &Purba, A. (2020). Using Genre-based Approach to Overcome Students’ Difficulties in Writing. Journal of Education and E-Learning Research, 7(4), 464-470. https://doi.org/10.20448/journal.509.2020.74.464.470. Retrieved from: https://www.asianonlinejournals.com/index.php/JEELR/article/view/2417
9. Manurung, R., Silalahi, D. E., Herman., and Situmorang, R. K. (2020). An Analysis of Figurative Language Found in the Jakarta Post Newspaper. Global Science Independent Journal, Vol 1 No 1 (2020), PP. 22-39. Retrieved from: https://syniutajournals.com/index.php/GSIJ/article/view/165
10. Panjaitan, P. S. A., Herman., and Sinaga, Y. K. (2020). Figurative Language Analysis t Song Lyrics Of Billie Eilish “When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?” Album. American Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences Research (AJHSSR), Volume 04 - Issue 10, PP. 10-20. Retrieved from https://www.ajhssr.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/B204101020.pdf
11. Nainggolan, F., Siahaan, D. A., Sinurat, B., and Herman. (2021). An Analysis of Figurative Language on Joe Biden’s Victory Speech. International Journal on Integrated Education, Vol. 4 No. 3 (2021), PP. 364-375, DOI: https://doi.org/10.31149/ijie.v4i3.1514. Retrieved from: https://journals.researchparks.org/index.php/IJIE/article/view/1514
12. Nurgiyantoro, Burhan. (2010).TeoriPengkajianFiksi. Yogyakarta: Gajah Mada University Press
13. Purba, R. and Herman. (2020). Multimodal Analysis on Ertiga Car Advertisement. Wiralodra English Journal (WEJ), Vol 4 No 1 Maret 2020, PP. 21-32. Retrieved from http://wej.unwir.ac.id/index.php/wej/article/view/77
14. Siburian, A. E., Herman., Purba, . N., and Hutahaean, D. T. (2020). Figurative Language Analysis in Poems of Maya Angelou. Global Science Independent Journal, Vol 1 No 1 (2020), PP. 40-53. Retrieved from: https://syniutajournals.com/index.php/GSIJ/article/view/169
15. Sinaga, H., Herman., and Pasaribu, E. (2020). The Effect of Anagram Game on Students’ Vocabulary Achievement at Grade Eight of SMP Negeri 8 Pematangsiantar. Journal of English Educational Study, Volume 3 Issue 1 May 2020, Page 51-60
E-ISSN: 2655-0776. Retrieved from http://jurnal.stkippersada.ac.id/jurnal/index.php/JEES/article/view/655
16. Sitanggang, V., Hutahaean, D. T., and Herman. (2019). An Analysis of the Contents of Proclamation of Indonesian Independence in Semantic Role. Multidisciplinary European Academic Journal, Issue Vol 1 No 1. Retrieved from https://www.syniutajournals.com/index.php/MEAJ/article/view/95
17. Van Thao, N., Herman., and Tho, N. T. Q. (2020). A Comparative Study of Words Indicating ‘Artificial Containers of Water’ in Vietnamese and English. International Journal of Innovation, Creativity and Change. www.ijicc.net, Volume 12, Issue 10, 2020, Pages 328 to 337. Retrieved from https://www.ijicc.net/images/vol12/iss10/121038_Thao_2020_E_R.pdf
18. Van Thao, N., Herman., Ha, T. T., Thuy, N. T. T., and Tho, N. T. Q. (2020). Analysis of Argumentation in Nam Cao’s Story ‘Chi Pheo’ Based on a Pragmatics Perspective. International Journal of Innovation, Creativity and Change. www.ijicc.net, Volume 12, Issue 12, 2020. Retrieved from https://www.ijicc.net/images/vol12/iss12/121288_Thao_2020_E_R.pdf
19. Van Thao, N., Herman, Napitupulu, E. R., Hien, N. T., and Pardede, H. (2021). Code-Switching in Learning via Zoom Application: A Study in an EFL Context.Asian ESP Journal, Volume 17 Issue 3.1, March 2021, ISSN: 2206-0979, PP. 91-111. Retrived from:https://www.asian-esp-journal.com/volume-17-issue-3-1-march-2021/
Cite this article as:
Submitted22 July 2021
Revised22 July 2021
Published22 July 2021