Full Lenght Article
The Problem of Vesico – Virginal Fistula (VVF) Disorder in Nigeria: The traumatic and post traumatic stressful consequences of VVF
Conflict of Interest Statement
The author (s) declare that the research was conducted in the absence of any commercial or financial relationships that could be construed as a potential conflict of interest.
Copyright and permissions
Copyright (c) 2021 Iyagba P. W. , Briggs, Victor D. Iyagba P. W. , Briggs, Victor D.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
2. Balagum, S. K. (1994). A comparison of psychological status of vesico vaginal fistula (VVF) sufferers and non sufferers in Southern Nigeria. IFE Psychologia. An international Journal.
3. Conversioner (2020). Psycho – emotional profiles: How to use them in marketing campaigns. Retrieved 29/01/2021 from https:llroww.conversioner.com/gloesual/psycho-emotional-profiles.
4. Ejembi, C. (2001). Problems associated with VVF. National Workshop on Management and Counseling of VVF patients. Liyafa Hotel, Katsina.
5. Gharoro, E. P, & Agholor, K. N. (2009). Aspects of psychological problems of patients with vesico vaginal fistula. Journal of Obstetric and Gynecology.
6. Ibrahim, T. Sadia, A. U & Daniel, S. O (2000). Characteristic of VVF patients as seen at the specialist hospital Sokoto, Nigeria. West Afri. J. Med.
7. Igbo, H. I (2020). Post – trauma effects of sudden health on survivors of Covid – 19 and other disasters. In D. I. Denga, H. M., Denga & F. Undyaundeye (eds.). Counseling: The psychological oxygen for mental health management of Covid – 19 victims. Calabar: RAPID EDUCATIONAL PUBLISHERS.
8. Ijaiya, M. A., Aboyeji, A. P. & Ijaiya ZBB. (2002). Epidemiological of vesico – vaginal fistula at the University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital, Ilorin, Nigeria. Trop J. Obstet Gynecol.
9. Ijaiya, M.A & Aboyeji, P.A. (2004). Obstetric Urogenital fistula: The Ilorin experience, Nigeria. West African Journal of Medical.
10. Inimgba, N. M, Okpani, A. O. U & John C. T. (1999). Vesico – vaginal fistulae in Port Harcourt, Nigeria. Trop J. Obstet Gynaecol.
11. Kabir, M, Iliyasu, Z, Abubakar, I.S. & Umar, U. I., (2004). Medico-social problems of patients with vesico vaginal fistula in Murtala Mohammed specialist Hospital, Kano. Annuals of African Medical.
12. Kinanee, J.B., (2020). Psychology of human adjustment. Port Harcourt: Alheri Books.
13. Lewis, G. & Besnis, L. (2006). Obstetric fistula: Guiding principles for clinical management and programme development. Integrated management of pregnancy and childbirth. WHO Press.
14. Maheu, Giroux, M, Filoppi, V Sama doulougou, S. Castro, MC, Maulet, N & Meda, N. (2015). Prevalence of symptoms of vaginal fistula in 19 sub – Sahara African countries; a meta – analysis of national household survey data. Lancet Glob Heal.
15. Martin, E. F. (2003). Concise medical dictionary (6th ed.). New York: University Press.
16. Muleta, M. (2006). Obstetric fistula in developing countries: A review articles. J obstet gynecol.
17. Odu, B. K. (2013). The psycho – social consequences of vesico – vaginal fistula among women in Northern Nigeria. Arabian Journal of Business and Management Retrieved.
18. Odusoga, O. L., Oloyede, O.A.O, Fakoya, T.A., & Sule – Odu, A. O. (2001). Obstetric vesico – vaginal fistula in Sagamu. Nig Med Pract.
19. Ozge, T, Vandana T, Evelyn, Cynthia K. S & Saifuddin, A. (2017). Measuring the incidence and prevalence of obstetric fistula: approaches, needs and recommendations.
20. Raji, M.O, Hassan, M, Yusuf, M. H, Yusuf, R, Ahmad, A & Raji, H.O (2015). Knowledge, effect of vesico vaginal fistula (VVF) and satisfaction with VVF repair related services in a fistula repair facility in North Western Nigeria. International Journal of Contemporary Medical Research.
21. Rizvi, J. H. (1999). Genital fistula: A continuing tragedy. Jobs tet Gynecol.
22. Singha, V, Jhanwara, A, Mehrotra, S, Paul, S. & Sinhaa, R. J. (2015). A comparison of quality of life before and after successful repair of genitourinary fistula. Is there improvement across all the domains of WHO QOL – BREF questionnaire?. African Journal of Urology.
23. Tsui, A.O, Creanga, A.A. & Ahmed, S. (2007). The role of delayed childbearing in the prevention of obstetric fistulas. International Journal of Gynecology & Obstetrics.
24. USAID. United States Agency International Development (USAID). USAID’s Fistula Program. (2015).
25. Waaldijk, K. & Armiya’u Y.D. (1993). The obstetric fistula: a major public health problem unresolved. Int uro-gynaecology Journal.
26. Wall, L.L, Arrow Smith, S. A., Briggs, N. D, Browning, A & Lassey, A. (2005). The obstetric vesico vaginal fistula in the developing world. Obstetrical & gynecological survey.
27. Wall, L.L, Karshima, J.A, Kirschner, C. & Arrow Smith, S.D. (2004). The obstetric vesico vaginal fistula: characteristics of 899 patients from JOS, Nigeria. Am J. Obstetric Gynecol.
28. Weston, K, Mutiso, S, Mwangi, J. W, Qureshi, Z, Beard, J & Venkat, P. (2011). Depression among women with obstetric fistula in Kenya. Int. J. Gynecol. Obstet.
Cite this article as:
Submitted4 June 2021
Revised4 June 2021
Published4 June 2021